What we are looking for:
- Work that explores/highlights/responds to mental health issues. This is a broad topic and we are aware that it can take many forms. We are interested in hearing from a wide range of people so please do talk through your idea with us.
- Artists who have an interest in using the arts to challenge preconceived ideas about mental health.
Theatre, music, dance, spoken word, art, sculpture, instillation and anything else you can think of.
- We have an interest in new work and would welcome artists who want to ‘scratch’ an idea at our festival.
The festival has several different spaces for artists to use on the day. Please find further details below:
Cedar Room – Gallery
Large conference room. Main gallery space. 8m deep x 6.7m wide.
Small instillation/gallery space. 2.9m deep x 3.30m wide.
Large open area in the round. Dance floor area 4m deep x 4.5m wide. Max 40 standing audience.
Intimate performance space. Ideal for acoustic music/spoken word. 2 performer limit. Max 18/20 audience.
Theatre Tent (Outside)
Blacked out theatre space. Basic lighting rig. 1ft raised stage, 6m deep x 12m wide. Max 60 seats.
Music Tent (Outside)
Acoustic music tent. 1ft raised stage, 4m deep x 4m wide.
We are committed to ensuring that artists are paid for their work, however Fluid Motion Theatre Company is a not for profit organisation so we have a limited budget for the festival. We will pay professional artists/companies at least Equity/ITC rates. We will also pay expenses for emerging artists and amateur performers.
How do I apply?
On no more than two sides of A4:
1. Tell us about your talk/performance/exhibition
2. Tell us about you/your company
3. Why you would like to be part of our festival?
4. Internet links to previous work if available (and, if not, please tell us how you will show us an example of your work)
5. What space you think your work would fit into
6. Rough idea of your technical requirements
To look after the trees, we are only able to accept submissions via email. IMPORTANT NOTE: Please send submissions to email@example.com and in the subject line include:
- Your project title (a working title is fine) and ‘AITMFest 17
To fit in with the format of the festival your talk/performance/exhibition must be within the timing guidelines below.
Theatre –30 Minutes
Dance – 5/10 Minutes
Music – 10 Minutes
Spoken Word/Poetry – 10 Minutes
Submissions close: Friday 3rd March 2017
Marketing/Artwork deadline: Friday 5th May 2017
Festival: Saturday 24th June 2017